Have you got online and asked the question: “How do I sell my RV?” Or maybe you have asked “How do I sell my RV fast or what are the best ways to sell my RV?” If you are asking those questions, then you have come to the right place.
I will give more details on each bullet point that will help you sell your RV faster than most people. These are the main steps that you need to follow to sell your RV quickly.
1. Make sure you ask the proper price. (Not too high)
2. Stage the RV and take tons of pictures.
3. List as many options as you can. (Don’t make a short list)
Now, just so you know we specialize in selling RVs for individuals. It is called consignment and that means we pick up RVs from private party owners (like yourself) and help them sell their RV. My brother and I stated this business and we have a combined experience of 30 years of selling. We try to help as many as people as we can but it does not always work out for various reasons. Sometimes people owe too much to the point where it does not make sense for us to sell it and charge a fee. Also, you may live far away and don’t want to bring it to our lot (We pick up RVs anywhere in the U.S. Whatever the case maybe for not using our service I want to give some good tips and ideas of to how to sell your RV on your own.
This link will lead you to more info on our consignment program Sell my RV on consignment
Now to the good stuff that you need to know to sell it on your own.
I want to focus on three main tips to help you sell your RV on your own.
- The first step you will need to take is finding out how much your RV is worth. This is one of the first and most important things that someone has to do when selling their RV. This is one of the first and big mistakes that people make when trying to sell their RV. I understand that it hurts when you buy and RV for $60,000 and in just 3 to 4 years it is only worth $30,000 to $40,000. I have to remind people trying to sell their RV that it may be a house on wheels but unfortunately you don’t get the benefits that you get when you buy a house. When buying an RV you end up with the depreciation of the wheels and not the appreciation of the house. Though this may be sad but it is true. Some RVs will lose 50% of their total value in the first 5 years. I am saying this to you know because one of the fastest ways to sell your RV is pricing it right. If you are too high then you are going to sit on it even longer and while you may be awaiting a good sell you may be losing another thousand dollars of depreciation while waiting to sell it.
I already made a great blog in the link here How to find the value of a RV
You can check out this blog so you know how to book out your RV without any problems. I would also recommend going to RVTader.com and search your exact same year, make and model and see what other ones are selling for. Don’t just guess what it is worth. Most likely you will not get it right.
- The second best thing you can do will seem obvious but I am surprised how many people don’t do it. The next thing you will need to do is take some pictures. You will also need to take more pictures and more pictures and you might as well take some more pictures. Oh, did I mention you should take some pictures. Okay, I know you may be saying I am a little annoying now, but hear me out. If you are personally looking to buy a very expensive item are you going to want to see 1 to 5 pictures or 20 to 50 pictures. We take on average 40 pictures of every RV on our website. You can check out our ads at www.RVsofAmerica.com. Make sure the pictures are strait and not blurry. Turn on the lights and the TV with a movie going. Make sure to clean it up and put up some decorations on the table and counter tops. Put a bed spread on the bed. Try to set it up as if you were camping in it. Make it fun! We even take videos and try to get pictures and videos in a nice nature area. We take our Consignments into the mountains for Amazing Videos and pictures. Check out this link now: Example of a video that we did for someone.
- The third thing I would highly recommend is put as many options as you can think of. I would start with Miles, length, slides and engine size. I would then start adding anything you can think of. When you check out the blog on how to book out our RV you will come to an option section. I usually copy a lot of the options you find on NADA.com the book value site. Everyone wants to know as many options as you can come up with on the RV you are trying to sell. The idea is you want to sell it before the person even comes to see it at your house. That way you are not wasting your time or anyone else’s time. I see a lot of people that put on their ads call for more info. I guess that could be okay, but what if the person wants a king size bed and that is a deal breaker. Why waste your time our theirs. Just put it in the options.
I know it can be a lot of work to do all this on your own. Remember our entire business is selling RVs for people. You could say that we are realtors for RVs. Check out the link here for more info. RV Consignment
There are many more things you can do to have a better chance of selling your RV faster but the 3 things I have written about are the best place to start. If you want to you can add a video on YouTube. in your add you can put a link to YouTube so people can see you video.